Project Value: $50,000
City Allocation: $50,000
ADA Sidewalk Repair Program
The City of Oroville expedites repairs of sidewalks damaged by City street trees when necessary- and when requested- to provide accessibility to residences or to provide accessibility to public transportation, medical facilities, schools, workplaces, and other essential facilities for people with disabilities.
The program is not intended to address community concerns other than access for people with disabilities and does not make repairs that are the responsibility of private property owners.
ADA Sidewalk Repair Program Guidelines
- The applicant must certify that he or she is a qualified person with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and that the request is based upon personal need.
- Each applicant may request that repairs be conducted at up to three locations where sidewalk damage is caused by City street trees. Requests for more than three locations will be considered a case-by-case basis.
- Sidewalk repairs will be conducted only if the City finds that existing sidewalks are ADA non-compliant and need repair.
- Applicants requesting sidewalk repair shall receive a response from the City within 10 working days from their request date. The response will indicate whether the request is approved, denied, or if additional information is required. It typically takes 90 o 180 days from the approval date for the sidewalk repairs to be completed; but repairs may be delayed by utility conflicts, contract disputes, weather, etc. Applicants will be notified of any delay.
How to Request ADA Sidewalk Repairs
- Applicant completed an ADA Sidewalk Repair application
- Applicants may contact Don Rust or Craig Griesbach (information listed below) for assistance
- Applicant submits the completed application form
- City staff investigates the application and location listed on the application
- City staff respond to the applicant within 10 working days after receiving the application
- Approved locations are added to the list for the next on-call sidewalk repair construction contract
- 395-8300-9607-460: ADA Improvements Park/City Facilities Fund (RDA Bond Funds)
- 396-8300-9607-460: ADA Improvements Park/City Facilities Fund (RDA Bond Funds)
| Project Manager:
|Council Goal: Capital Improvement Project|
|Fiscal year: 2011/2012, 2012/2013|
|Expected Completion Date: June 30, 2012|