Operations and Maintenance provides maintenance services to:
- City airport, including shoulder work, signs, drainage, building and hanger maintenance, weed abatement and mowing, electrical and navigations systems maintenance, including the PAPI, rotating beacon, non-direction beacon, wind direction system, and security gates;
- Sewer collection system and lift stations, including sewer line repairs, manhole rehabilitation, sewer tap installations, smoke and dye testing, pump repair, electrical systems maintenance, emergency response, and general system cleaning, including flushing and televising;
- Storm drainage system, including general system cleaning, detention basin maintenance, storm system pump maintenance, weed abatement, debris and trash removal, channel regrading, slope stabilization, and monitoring and control of floods during heavy rains;
- Maintenance and repair of city parking lots, alleys, abandoned railroad corridors, and dedicated right-of-way properties;
- City street system; including maintenance of street pavement, curb, gutter sidewalks, bridges, traffic signals, street lighting, traffic signs, pavement markings, and other traffic appurtenances, street sweeping, debris removal, and weed abatement;
- As well as provides vehicle fleet maintenance for all city departments.