Director of Public Works: Vacant
Public Works Department
1735 Montgomery Street
Oroville, CA 95965
Phone: (530) 538-2401
Fax: (530) 538-2426
The Department is comprised of five divisions: Airport Management, Engineering, Building, Geographical Information System (GIS) Mapping, and Planning. A Counter Technician helps to streamline the issuance of Planning, Building and Engineering permits. A Project Manager/Senior Civil Engineer manages the design and construction of City and Redevelopment Agency projects.
Overview of Director Responsibilities
- Reports to the City Administrator.
- Provides management and leadership to the department.
- Acts as a liaison between all divisions to streamline resolution of issues.
- Acts in many instances as the initial point of contact with the general public.
- Provides coverage of the front counter, including general public support, and the processing of planning, building and engineering applications and permits.
- Provides administrative support to all divisions, such as phone messaging, bill paying, procurement, timesheets, word processing, mailing, and filing.
- Provides airport management services, including ground and building lease agreements, T-hanger rentals, tie-down agreement, and issuance of Notice to Airman (NOTAM).
- Acts as Flood Plain Administrator for City and implements the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), National Flood Insurance Program requirements.
- Acts as the zoning administrator.