Phone: (530) 538-2495
Fax: (530) 538-2539
The City of Oroville offers a Minor Home Repair Grant for income eligible owner-occupants of homes located in the Oroville City limits. The purpose of this program is to provide home repair assistance when a Homeowner Rehabilitation Loan is not feasible or cost effective. The grant offers eligible households up to a maximum of $3,000 or $5,000 with special approval to eliminate basic health and safety problems, and/or make necessary accessibility improvements. Assistance will be available to families making incomes that are less than 80% of the area median income.
Family gross annual income may not exceed 80% of the Butte County area median income as follows:
- Applicant must income qualify to be eligible for a loan.
- Applicant must own and occupy the home.
- Property must be located in the Oroville city limits.
- The applicant must have a fire insurance policy at the time of signing grant documents and agree to maintain it.
- The grant is not repayable.
- Priority may be given to applicants that are senior and/or disabled.
If repairs needed exceed the above maximum grant amount, staff will refer the applicant to the City's Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program for assistance.