Phone: (530) 538-2495
Fax: (530) 538-2539
The Business Assistance and Housing Department can help with a LOW interest Housing Rehabilitation Loan. If your house is located within the city limits and your income falls within the program guidelines, you may qualify for a Housing Rehabilitation Loan. The City of Oroville conducts business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law (The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).
**Contractors who would like to participate in the City's Housing Rehabilitation projects must submit a completed application to the Business Assistance/Housing Development Department located at 1735 Montgomery Street in Oroville, CA. To obtain a copy of the application simply click on the link below.**
Family gross annual income may not exceed the Butte County Area Median Income by the following:
Loans are based on total household income and family size.
The City of Oroville has applied and received funds from the State Department of Housing and Community Development; Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), CDBG Program Income to make home repair loans. The funds are available to property owners to assist in eliminating slum and blighted homes, and to promote safe and sanitary living conditions. This loan offers:
- Three-percent (3%) interest rate.
- Flexible repayment plans dependent upon ability to repay.
- Loan repayment is based on borrower's ability to pay on the funding source criteria. Payment options are:
- There is no pre-payment penalty for an early pay-off.
- Home must have equity.
- Home must be owner-occupied.
Types of Repairs can include:
- Energy efficiency upgrades
- Install/replace/repair sewer laterals
- Install/replace water meter
- Roof repairs and/or replacement
- Replace windows with Low-E windows
- New flooring
- Termite repairs
- Lead paint abatement
- Electrical upgrades
- Sewer/plumbing issues
- Energy efficient heating and air conditioning units