Economic Development Division, embedded within the Planning and Development Services Division seeks to catalyze investment in the City of Oroville. We do this in conjunction with our public, private sector and other non-profit partners through a systematic and pro-active approach which promotes opportunity for new and expanding businesses that create jobs, increase economic activity, promote a healthier sense of community and improve our quality of life. For more information on economic development activities below, click on the following link (Economic Development Division, Planning and Development Services Department).
1. Business Attraction – conduct targeted retail and industrial manufacturing recruitment activities within complimentary industrial sectors for Oroville.
2. Business Retention & Expansion – offer industrial and manufacturing retention and expansion services to firms located within Oroville looking to leave or grow.
3. New Business Formation – facilitate entrepreneurial growth companies by providing connectivity to tools and resources, loan programs, and market access and promotional services to businesses in Oroville.
4. Business Development Ombudsman Services - provide customized and business specific counseling, econometric data analysis, and pathfinder support services for Oroville based economic development projects.
5. Facilitate the creation of an entrepreneurial business climate in Oroville via the promotion of Oroville at industry and business association events, jurisdictional and non-profit organizational meetings. These include yet are not limited to: ICSC; IEDC; CALED; Silicon Valley Manufacturers Forum; Nor-Cal Economic Forecast; OEDCO; ODBA; among others.
For further information contact:Sam Driggers, CEcDEconomic Development Manager Office: (530) 538-2422Fax: (530) 538-2426Cell: (530) email@example.com