Project Value: $400,000
City Allocation: $150,000
City Staff have been working with Community Partners regarding the installation and operation of a digital “Welcome to Oroville” and video advertisement display sign. The sign will be located at Georgia Pacific Road and Feather River Boulevard, just east of the Highway 70 (replacing the existing sign). On December 7, 2010, the Oroville City Council approved an Exclusive Negotiating Rights Agreement (ENRA) with Community Partners for the design, construction and marketing of a digital video advertisement display sign. The envisioned sign, lighted and visible from both directions of Highway 70, will provide a distinguished “Welcome to Oroville” sign; with 1800 monthly advertisement spots (60 per day) provided at no charge to the City for informational and tourism announcements.
On April 19, 2011, the Council reviewed and approved a lease agreement with Community Partners for the design, and marketing of a digital “Welcome to Oroville” sign. The City and Community Partners will enter into a long term Lease Agreement for the operation, maintenance and marketing of the signs in exchange for selling advertising space on the digital board. As part of the Lease Agreement, the City will be able to:
- Receive 10 percent of the annual gross revenues from the sign advertising;
- The proposed sign will replace the existing “Welcome to Oroville” sign on the same location; and
- Receive 1800 monthly advertisement spots (60 per day) for City and Community announcements.
In addition, Community Partners will provide emergency road announcements and Amber Alert time to Caltrans.
The digital video advertisement display sign will stand approximately 45 feet tall and the video sign has double-faced displays with the dimensions of 10’ X 30’ (300 square feet) of signage on each face.
This project will increase the General Fund by a conservative estimate of $21,000. This estimate is made up of revenues from the annual gross advertisement revenue and the initial $2,500 rent payment of the city owned property (with a 2% annual rental increase).
- Private Developers or other funding sources
- Zoning Code Amendment – Completed
- Use Permit Approval – Completed (May 9, 2011)
- Submittal of the sign structure to the Building Division for review - Pending
- Permit Issuance by the Building Division – Pending
- Permit finalized by the Building Division – Pending
- Advertisement on the sign - Pending
| Project Manager:
Don Rust 538-2433,
Sam Driggers 538-2422
|Council Goal: Economic Development|
|Fiscal year: 2011/2012 2012/2013|
|Expected Completion Date: 2011/2012|