Project Value: $2,700,000
City Allocation: $1,000,000
Benny Brown’s Oroville Ford located at 1735 Montgomery Street in downtown Oroville, CA has been a fixture in the community since the 1940’s. It is the Oroville Ford’s owner (Benny Brown) and City of Oroville’s intent to help maintain and grow the enterprise while complying with Ford’s newly released site location criteria articulated within the corporate restructuring response to the recession. See Ford Motor Corporation 2008/09 Sustainability Report in which Ford details its plans for restructuring North American operations. The site location directive – to reposition all remaining dealerships along major arterial highways - is meant to maximize preferential locations for accelerated sales performance in Ford’s remaining retail sales distribution channels.
While Oroville Ford had considered a location along Highway 70, outside the city limits, it is now the intent of the ownership group and City to secure a Highway 70 site within the City that meets the unique needs of this enterprise in order to grow fleet sales and accelerate consumer sales within the market.
Project specifics are:
- 3 to 5 acres of highway frontage commercial zoned property
- 22 employees currently, expected to grow to 40 to 50 employees
- $1.7 million in private sector capital investment leveraging public sector investments
- When completed, annual dealership revenues are expected to increase by 59%
Includes private sector capital along with a potential to utilize Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development infrastructure program funds. An opportunity exists, based upon project parameters, to utilize a component of workforce development training funding originating with the Alliance for Workforce Development as well as State of California, Employment Training Panel assistance in support of closing funding gaps and maintaining/growing workforce competitiveness as regional auto sales competition increases.
- Private sector requests development information and site selection assistance
- Site selection criteria established and acquisition process (terms and conditions) begins on behalf of private sector
- Zoning review
- Site plan review
- Construction plan review
- Issue construction permits (City, utility, sewer/water)
- Inspection review
- Certificate of occupancy
- Oroville Ford begins operations
|Project Manager: Sam Driggers 538-2422|
|Fiscal year: 2011/2012, 2012/2013|
|Expected Completion Date: 2011/2012|